The Moulin de Crouy
Gîte Le Moulin
Chalets 6 Persons
Chalet 4 Persons
Chalet 2 Persons
King Size Rooms
Active outdoor activities
Contact & access
Rising temperatures and changes in climate and seasons are disrupting ecosystems and changing the conditions and reproduction cycles of plants. The scarcity of resources and climatechange are modifying the life habits and migratory cycles of animals. We are already witnessingthe reduction or disappearance of many species, particularly endemic species, or, conversely, the intrusion of invasive species that threaten crops and other animals. Climate change, pollution and the artificialisation of land are therefore having an impact on biodiversity. It is the balance of natural ecosystems that is modified and threatened.
So, on the scale of the 14-hectare site, we are reinforcing our actions to protect the soil, habitatsand natural balance every day, while being attentive to future changes.
The convergence of the future decline of oil and climate change will have consequences for our lives. To prepare for this in concrete terms, we need to implement solutions based on a positive vision of the future and which aim to:
- strongly reduce, individually and collectively, energy and water consumption
- strengthen the capacity of our territories to absorb future shocks, by promoting local producers, the supply of collective catering, or education in taste, especially for the youngest.
- strengthen the links, solidarity and cooperation between all the actors in the territory
- Acquire the skills that will become necessary to strengthen our local autonomy
- Sorting and limiting our waste and use of plastic
So where do we stand at the Moulin de Crouy?
- hot water is produced by a pellet boiler (wood), heating by a log boiler (produced on site)
- the 3 new chalets were built in wood and are particularly well insulated. They are (somewhat) electrically heated.
- The activity room is heated by a heat pump.
- The renovation of the roof of the Mill in spring 2021 will include maximum insulation.
- Light bulbs are replaced by LED bulbs.
- We do not water the lawns.
- The swimming pool is mainly treated with salt. And we use the heat pump installed by our predecessors a few days a year.
We choose to be part of the eco-tourism movement. This means offering a different form of tourism, more sustainable, more respectful of the environment and based on experience: hiking,river and cycle tours, botanical walks and nature guides, permaculture vegetable gardens, cooking workshops, nature accommodation, etc.Come and rediscover the music of nature, welcome the silence, look at the stars, understand eco-renovation, enjoy unusual accommodation in the woods...
As long as it's a question of heating with wood or installing an insect hotel, we won't change your habits or your comfort.
We are convinced that we need to go further to meet some of the challenges facing our society. And we want to do it with you. So if you see something that surprises you, don't hesitate to talk to us. We will be very happy to discuss and take into account your comments, especially if they are repeated or convergent.